2019 Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Piedlong, Frédéric et Daniel Brunier

The Plateau du Piedlong is the highest point in the Châteauneuf-du-Pape appellation, and has well-draining sandy soils. Its wine is distinctly different from Vieux Télégraphe: finer in frame, and much more obviously Grenache based (this variety makes up 90% of the blend, with the other 10% coming from Mourvèdre). Piedlong can sometimes feel a little earthy and rustic, but this 2019 is pure finesse, with sweet strawberry fruit and silky tannins, and a little lift of paprika spice.

Pricing
Bottle
En primeur
In stock
£37.48
Case, 6 Bottles
En primeur
In stock
£224.88

WINE DETAILS

  • Region & country
    Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Southern Rhône, Rhône, France
  • Maturity
    Young 2022 - 2032
  • Colour
    Red
  • Sweetness
    Dry
  • Style
    Still
  • Unit Volume
    Bottle (75cl.)
  • Organic
    Lutte Raisonée
2019 Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Piedlong, Frédéric et Daniel Brunier
Frédéric et Daniel Brunier

Brothers Daniel and Frédéric Brunier took over Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe, one of the largest in Châteauneuf-du-Pape with seventy hectares under vine, from their father Henri. While he recently passed away, they continue his work cultivating their prized parcel on ‘La Crau,’ considered one of the top sites in the region. Rightfully so, these wines are some of the most recognised Châteauneufs.

View All Wines