2013 Vieux Château Certan, Pomerol

Fastidious attention to detail throughout the tricky conditions of 2013, including crop thinning and de-leafing, have paid dividends - yes, the yields were tiny at just 22hl/ha but the end result is something of which Alexandre Thienpont can be justifiably proud as yet again he has produced a wine that transcends the vintage. With Merlot making up 92% of the blend this year, the remaining 8% is Cabernet Franc. Displaying wonderful purity of fruit - a medley of plums and summer berries, fresh acidity, fine-grained tannins and a streak of pencil lead lend backbone. The overall impression is one of perfect equilibrium, very correct, precise and immediately appealing - Superb!

Pricing
Bottle
In stock
£116.60
Case, 6 Bottles
In stock
£699.60
6 bottles available from £588.00 per case, 6 bottles
Case, 6 Bottles
From a client
1 available
£588.00

WINE DETAILS

  • Region & country
    Pomerol, Right Bank, Bordeaux, France
  • Grape
    92% Merlot
    8% Cabernet Franc
  • Maturity
    Ready 2017 - 2028
  • Colour
    Red
  • Sweetness
    Dry
  • Style
    Still
  • Unit Volume
    Bottle (75cl.)
2013 Vieux Château Certan, Pomerol