2010 Carruades de Château Lafite, Pauillac

A higher than normal percentage of Cabernet Sauvignon was used in the blend (73%), chiefly because the quality of the Cabernet grapes was superior to the Merlot. The remaining 27% was Merlot though, adding flesh to the classic Cabernet bones, which are unmistakeable this year. Aged largely in new oak barrels, the resultant wine is dominated by raw power, allied to a savoury complexity that hints at a long and distinguished life. The palate itself is closed as yet, but shows very tightly-wound, attractive fruit. Very Cabernet despite the Merlot content. A marzipan note comes through on the finish, balancing the acidity that makes for an appetizing whole. Very fresh, and very long.

Pricing
Case, 6 Bottles
From a client
1 available
£1,658.40
Case, 6 Bottles
From a client
1 available
£1,695.00

WINE DETAILS

  • Region & country
    Pauillac, Médoc, Bordeaux, France
  • Grape
    50% Cabernet Sauvignon
    42.5% Merlot
    5.1% Cabernet Franc
    2.4% Petit Verdot
  • Maturity
    Ready 2017 - 2030
  • Colour
    Red
  • Sweetness
    Dry
  • Style
    Still
  • Unit Volume
    Bottle (75cl.)
2010 Carruades de Château Lafite, Pauillac