Dinner with Mark Fincham from Domaine Tawse, Wednesday 21st June 2017
Celebrating London’s first-ever Burgundy Week, Join us for an exclusive tasting of the wines of Domaine Tawse, hosted by winemaker, Mark Fincham at Cabotte.
One of our favourite spots in the capital, Cabotte (named for the huts in Burgundy vineyards) was founded by two Master Sommeliers with investment from a gaggle of Burgundy producers. They already have one of the finest Burgundy lists around and specialise in food from the region.
Mark has been running Domaine Tawse since 2012, having made his name in Châteauneuf-du-Pape. He’s overseen a marked improvement in quality, including the conversion to biodynamics, and the 2015 Mazis-Chambertin Grand Cru was among Neal Martin’s top wines of the vintage.
This Englishman in Burgundy provides a unique insight into the past, present and future of the region; he’s one of the most engaging speakers on the region that we know.
Among a range of other offerings from the Domaine, we’ll be tasting a vertical of all four vintages that Mark has overseen of Mazis-Chambertin, their star cru.
In the event of cancellation full refunds will only be given if we are notified at least seven days before the date of the tasting. Should you need to cancel closer to the date, we’ll make every effort to resell the ticket on your behalf and grant a refund.
|Date:||Wednesday 21st June|
|Time:||Welcome drinks from 7pm|
|Location:||Cabotte, 48 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7AY|
- “Jambon persillé” Ham & parsley terrine with capers and cornichons
- Roasted Pork Rump, new season garlic & Taccole beans
with Leek Gratin & Garlic Green Beans
- Followed by Cheese
- 2011 Chassagne-Montrachet, Abbaye de Morgeot, Premier Cru, Domaine Tawse
- 2014 Gevrey-Chambertin En Pallud, Domaine Tawse (Maume)
- 2014 Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Champeaux, Domaine Tawse (Maume)
- 2015 Mazis Chambertin Grand Cru, Domaine Tawse (Maume)
- 2014 Mazis Chambertin Grand Cru, Domaine Tawse (Maume)
- 2013 Mazis Chambertin Grand Cru, Domaine Tawse (Maume)
- 2012 Mazis Chambertin Grand Cru, Domaine Tawse (Maume)
It may, on rare occasions, be necessary to substitute any of the wines advertised for wine of a similar or better quality.
SOLD OUT. Check back later for more stock or call us on 01473 313 300.