Celebrating the wines of Elvio Cogno at Cabotte in London on Tuesday 15th November 2016
You're invited to an exclusive dinner where we’ll be welcoming special guest Valter Fissore, owner and winemaker of Elvio Cogno, which is quickly becoming one of the Piedmont’s most sought-after estates.
Valter will introduce an extensive range of his wines, including the impressive pre-phylloxera Barbera, made from up to 120 year-old vines, a wine that recasts this humble variety spectacularly. We’ll then compare Barolos and Barbarescos from the same vintage, an opportunity to taste what makes these two neighbouring areas so different. And finally, Valter plans to treat us to two older vintages, the 2006 and 2009, from the estate’s standout Ravera cru.
|Date:||Tuesday 15th November 2016|
|Time:||Welcome drinks from 7pm |
|Ticket:||£100 per person|
|Location:||Cabotte, 48 Gresham Street, London, EC2V 7AY|
• 2014 Cogno Anas-Cëtta, Langhe Nascetta Bianco
• 2012 Barbera d'Alba DOC "Bricco dei Merli"
• 2012 Barbera d'Alba DOC "Pre-Phylloxera"
• 2012 Barbaresco DOCG "Bordini"
• 2012 Barolo DOCG "Cascina Nuova"
• 2009 Barolo DOCG "Ravera"
• 2006 Barolo DOCG "Ravera"In the event of cancellation full refunds will only be given if we are notified at least seven days before the date of the tasting. Should you need to cancel closer to the date, we’ll make every effort to resell the ticket on your behalf and grant a refund.
It may, on rare occasions, be necessary to substitute any of the wines advertised for wine of a similar or better quality.
SOLD OUT. Check back later for more stock or call us on 01473 313 300.