2020 Maranges, David Moreau

2020 Maranges, David Moreau

This is a blend of two parcels. Just over half (55%) comes from a village parcel, but the other 45% comes from the 1er Cru Clos Rousseau vineyard, which is an extension of the vineyard of the same name in Santenay. It is so bright and energetic, with a crunchy texture and well-handled tannins, giving it bite, but no hard edges. This is vibrant, red-fruited, light-bodied, crisp Pinot Noir. 15% whole bunch fruit gives it a sweet and lifted air.

Critic score
90/100 info
Pricing
info
Bottle
En primeur info
In stock
£24.28
Case, 6 Bottles
En primeur info
In stock
£145.68

Wine details

  • Region & country
    Maranges, Côte de Beaune, Burgundy, France
  • Grape
    Pinot Noir
  • Maturity
    Young 2022 - 2029info
  • Colour
    Red
  • Sweetness
    Dry
  • Style
    Still
  • Unit Volume
    Bottle (75cl.)

Tasting notes

The 2020 Maranges Village has a well-defined bouquet of very pure red cherry and raspberry fruit laced with rose petal and orange pith. The well-balanced palate delivers pliant tannins, the 10–15% whole bunch well integrated, and a very light bitter edge on the spicy finish. This will be difficult to resist young.

Neal Martin, vinous.com (December 2021)
(89—91)/100

Also from this producer

Pricing
info