We're currently transitioning all wines to our new fine wine cellar. During this period, your order may arrive in more than one delivery. Please let us know if you have any specific delivery instructions either at checkout or by getting in touch directly - 01473 313 233 or [email protected]
Tasted April 2023. 100% Merlot. Anne-Laurence, who makes Chateau Marsau, has further increased the use of foudres this vintage to 80%. The remaining 20% is in old barrels, amphora and vats. There's an incredible amount of texture and savoury-tinged fruit on the palate as a result. Fragrant and lifted on the nose, and linear with lots of the chalky, refreshing salinity we love in Marsau. Ripe and focused tannins, present but fine and silky. Yields here were low but the wine really shows the benefits of their regenerative approach in the vineyard. This is a very expressive wine that sings of its people and place.
Floral notes on the aromatics, shows the heavy spice of the vintage with black pepper, rosemary and turmeric notes, begins to lift through the palate as it opens. An unusual spot in Franc Côtes de Bordeaux with a lot of clay in the soils, and this is powerful and concentrated, with a flash of heat on the finish. 12ha vineyard, entirely clay, entirely Merlot, organic since 2018, no till farming, 25hl/h yield. Harvest September 7 to 12, to be aged 80% large oak casks (no new oak), 10% one year old, 10% neutral oak and amphora.
This medium to full-bodied 2022 Marsau is an attractive wine produced from 100% Merlot. It has a delightfully pure bouquet of peony, violet, iris, menthol and cassis, followed by a crunchy and juicy yet fresh texture and then by a mineral-driven finish of remarkable purity, expressing elegant notes of licorice and pencil lead. Anne-Laurence and Mathieu Chadronnier have produced a red wine that punches above its weight. Bravo!
A juicy and flavorful red with blackberry, chocolate and hazelnut character. Medium to full body. Structured yet juicy. Plenty of grip and structure. Savory. Salty. Most impressive wine I have had from here. Pure merlot. 80% aged in cask.
The 2022 Marsau is powerful, rich Cotes de Bordeaux. It emerges from a 12-acre, biodynamically farmed parcel of Merlot on clay 20 kilometers east of Saint-Émilion. Dense and vibrant, the 2022 possesses notable density in its fruit and also plenty of structure. Marsau is unique in that it is aged 80% in foudre, the rest in used oak, tank and amphora. Larger format oak naturally yields a wine that is quite reticent within the context of Bordeaux, especially en primeur.
Ready 2021 - 2034
Prices shown in bond
Young 2025 - 2045
Young 2026 - 2039