Château Duhart-Milon-Rothschild

Duhart-Milon is owned by the Rothschilds, who also own neighbouring First Growth, Château Lafite, along with l’Evangile and Rieussec. Baron Eric de Rothschild bought the estate in 1962, acquiring it after many years of neglect, changing owners and dwindling vineyards. The wealth and expertise of the Rothschilds has benefited Duhart-Milon immensely, complementing its fine gravel soils and well-placed vineyards. In 1855, Duhart-Milon, then owned by the Castéja family, (who also owned Château Batailley), achieved Fourth Growth status in the Bordeaux Classifications and was one of the largest estates in Pauillac. Duhart-Milon lies to the west of Lafite, on the Milon hillside and its 76 hectares are planted with 67% Cabernet Sauvignon and 33% Merlot. There is no château, instead the wines are made at the chai located in Pauillac itself. The estate is managed by Eric Kohler and Christophe Congé, who employ the same meticulous attention to detail here as they do with Lafite - hand harvesting, individual plot vinification and strict control of yields to ensure only the best grapes make it into the final wine.


Château Duhart-Milon-Rothschild

Show out of stock items
Sort by
Pricing
View