Please order as early as possible to guarantee Christmas delivery, and at the very latest before 14th December
Tertre means ‘little hill’ in French, so it is no surprise that the 52 hectares of Château du Tertre are laid across the most elevated gravel outcrops in Margaux. Vine growing here can be traced back to the 12th century when the whole area came under the jurisdiction of one of the oldest noble families in the Médoc - the d’Arsacs. However, Château du Tertre and its holdings weren’t sectioned off until the 18th century. The estate saw several changes of hands both before and after, but in 1855 it achieved Fifth Growth status in the Bordeaux classifications. Sadly by 1961 it was practically derelict and it took significant investment, first from Philippe Capbern-Gasqueton and then Eric Albada Jelgersma (who also owned Giscours) in 1995 to restore the wine to its former quality. Jelgersma installed Alexander van Beek as Director, restructured the vineyards and significantly modernised the winery. Du Tertre was sold again in January 2021 to undisclosed investors and leased to the Helfrich Family, owners of Les Grands Chais de France, who have considerable expertise in managing estates including their own holdings in Bordeaux.
Ready 2017 - 2024
Prices shown in bond
Ready 2012 - 2024
Ready 2017 - 2025
Ready 2015 - 2025
Young 2025 - 2040
Sign up to our newsletter and enjoy a 5% discount on your first purchase.