Fine Wine Advisor
Lay and Wheeler is one of Britain’s oldest fine wine merchants, founded in 1854. We offer our customers access to the world’s finest wines, with particular strengths in Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Loire, Rhone and Piedmont. We are committed to providing all of our customers the best possible experience as they buy, store, sell and enjoy fine wine.
It is through our people that we are able to make this happen and our team is what makes us special. With this in mind we aim to recruit only the most enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who put the customer at the heart of everything we do. A passion for our customers and fine wine is critical to be successful in our team.
Due to company expansion we’re excited to welcome a new member to our Wine Advisory team in a full time capacity.
- Managing the relationship with a dedicated group of customers, working with them to ensure we’re meeting all of their wine needs, especially building their portfolio
- Phoning, emailing and meeting customers, whether it’s in or out of the office
- Anticipating the needs of the business and our customers, and always on the front foot to pick up a wide variety of tasks to ensure they have a great experience with Lay & Wheeler
- Managing to a set of KPIs related to customer engagement
Skills & experience
- Exceptionally empathetic
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding organisational ability
- A strong passion for wine
- An owner mentality and strong work ethic
- Prior experience in a sales position
- WSET Level 3 degree (preferably Diploma), with prior experience in the wine trade
Need to know
- The position is based at our offices located between Colchester and Ipswich. Nestled at the heart of Constable Country, our offices may seem peaceful, but there’s an energetic buzz inside and we like to keep it that way
- This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week, and we’re looking for candidates who’re more interested in the job than the hours
- Salary will be competitive and based on relevant experience
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the role to email@example.com