Fine Wine Advisor
Lay & Wheeler is one of England’s longest standing fine wine merchants, established in 1854, and recognised as one of its leading names, awarded Online Retailer of the Year in 2018 by the International Wine Challenge.
The business is known for its outstanding range of wines, buying directly from top domaines in Bordeaux, Burgundy, Rhône, Loire, Champagne, Italy and South Africa, which it sells exclusively to private clients. For those customers, it offers the opportunity to buy, store, sell and enjoy fine wine, who frequently work directly with a personal wine advisor, though make most of their transactions through the website.
As we grow, and we build our customer base, we need more advisors who can help these customers on their journey with us.
We are hiring a Fine Wine Advisor to join our sales team of about ten, to focus specifically on advising Cellar Circle members as they build their portfolios with us.
This personable, knowledgeable advisor will spend his or her days speaking with members, both existing and new, advising them on all aspects of their wine needs.
- Managing the relationship with a dedicated group of members, working with them to ensure we’re helping secure the wines they seek out, or would like to discover
- Phoning, emailing and meeting customers, whether it’s in or out of the office
- Anticipating the needs of our members, and always on the front foot to pick up a wide variety of tasks to ensure they have a great experience with Lay & Wheeler
- Managing to a set of KPIs related to customer engagement and transactions
Skills & experience
- Exceptionally empathetic
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding organisational ability
- A strong passion for wine
- Ownership mentality and a strong work ethic
- Prior experience in a sales position
- WSET Level 3 degree (preferably Diploma or MW track), with prior experience in the industry
- Salary commensurate with experience
- An annual bonus scheme, based on company and individual performance
- Employee-employer matched pension contributions, currently 5% each
- Company-sponsored social events
- Opportunity for wine education sponsorship
- Team member discount on wine
- An opportunity to build your career, not just take a job
This role is based at Lay & Wheeler’s headquarters, in Suffolk.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the role to David Payne, Head of Sales by email on [email protected]