Web Content Coordinator
Lay & Wheeler is one of England’s longest standing fine wine merchants, established in 1854, and recognised as one of its leading names, awarded Online Retailer of the Year in 2018 by the International Wine Challenge.
The business is known for its personal service, coupled with its outstanding range of wines, buying directly from top domaines in Bordeaux, Burgundy, Rhône, Loire, Champagne, Italy and South Africa, which it sells exclusively to private customers in the UK. For those customers, it offers the opportunity to buy, store, sell and enjoy fine wine, typically working with a named fine wine advisor over not years but decades.
We are looking for a Web Content Coordinator to join our team. This role is the ideal entry point for someone interested in technology, with a love of wine, who would like to learn about e-commerce from the ground up. The core activity will involve working with our E-Commerce Manager to add content to our website, using our content management system (“CMS”) Kentico, and from there will extend to a range of support activities across e-commerce and marketing.
- Work with the E-Commerce Manager to build key types of content on our website, such as bottle shots, critics’ scores and other wine information
- Learn how to build pages for our website for key activities such as webinar events and regional wine campaigns
- Select pictures from our image bank for the website, working closely with our marketing team
- Learn how to build emails and update footer content using our platform Adestra, including building email lists and conducting A/B tests
- Develop a strong understanding of our customer demographic, including the different user journeys, so that our website meets their needs
- Support the E-Commerce Manager in other areas of the technology function at Lay & Wheeler over time, as you learn the ropes
- An enormous attention to detail, especially when it comes to all things digital
- A strong interest in computer programming and website development, and at least a basic understanding of HTML coding
- Experience working with content managements systems and email marketing platforms is a big plus
- An interest in user experience design and journey mapping
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using the Microsoft suite of products and Adobe Photoshop
- A meticulous commitment to detail
- Ownership mentality
- Deep commitment to teamwork, with a high degree of empathy
- “Roll up your sleeves and do it” approach to get things off the ground
- Passionate about wine, and epicurean pursuits more broadly, is a major plus!
- Salary commensurate with experience
- An annual bonus scheme, based on company and individual performance
- Employee-employer matched pension contributions of 5% each
- Company-sponsored social events
- Opportunity for wine education sponsorship
- Team member discount on wine
- An opportunity to build your career, not just take a job
This role is based at Lay & Wheeler’s headquarters, in Suffolk.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing why you are interested, along with your CV, to [email protected]