Supply Chain Coordinator
Lay & Wheeler is one of England’s longest standing fine wine merchants, established in 1854, and recognised as one of its leading names, awarded Online Retailer of the Year in 2018 by the International Wine Challenge.
The business is known for its outstanding range of wines, buying directly from top domaines in Bordeaux, Burgundy, Rhône, Loire, Champagne, Italy and South Africa, which it sells exclusively to private clients.
Key to the company’s new growth strategy is the expansion of its operations, in which Lay & Wheeler is building its own warehouse to house all of its and its customers’ wines, and thus creating new roles.
Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager, the Supply Chain Coordinator will play a critical role in ensuring that wines are safely and efficiently received by Lay & Wheeler.
One of the key benefits for customers who hold accounts with Lay & Wheeler is the ability to store all their wine in one place. To do that, we are responsible for ensuring that the process happens in a smooth and efficient manner so that once the wines are received, they are visible on the customer’s online account. Looking after this process from start to finish is one of the main responsibilities for this role. We expect it to expand to include other delivery, shipping and stock control activity.
- Supporting the receipt of customers’ own wines into their “reserves”, which requires excellent attention to detail in the process of allocating each customer's wine against the appropriate account and ensuring all documentation is filled accurately and managed within the HMRC guidelines
- Review outstanding customer reserve receipts on a regular basis to ensure no orders are left unprocessed, and work with warehouse counterparts to reconcile any queries
- Run reports and maintain product data (e.g. wine description, purchase value, LWIN, critics’ scores) to ensure wines can be receipted through Navision, including the residual stock report and market value updates
- Work closely with the sales and warehouse teams to ensure any pre-mixed cases are processed on both Vision and Navision as required
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure all shared mailboxes are kept up to date and any issues are escalated to the Supply Chain Manager
- Organised, with excellent administrative skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a busy environment
- Highly motivated, a real self-starter who likes getting a job done efficiently
- Detail-oriented, with a nose for accuracy, but not at the expense of output
- An appreciation for fine wine
- A team player, always willing to help others out for the good of the business, and always on the lookout for ways to improve things
- Enthusiastic, willing to learn new skills and cover all areas of the team
- “Job not hours” mindset, demonstrating an ownership mentality
- Salary commensurate with experience, competitive with market
- An annual bonus scheme, based on company and individual performance
- Employee-employer matched pension contributions, currently 5% each
- Company-sponsored social events
- Opportunity for wine education sponsorship
- Team member discount on wine
- An opportunity to build your career, not just take a job
This role is based at Lay & Wheeler’s headquarters, in Suffolk.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the role to Tamara Vetesi, Supply Chain Manager, by email on [email protected]