Stock Control & Logistics Administrator
Lay and Wheeler is one of Britain’s oldest fine wine merchants, founded in 1854. We offer our customers access to the world’s finest wines, with leading ranges from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Loire, Rhone and Piedmont. We are committed to providing our customers a best-in-class experience as they buy, store, sell and enjoy fine wine.
We may be a venerable fine wine business, but inside our walls, we're run like a 160-year old startup. And, we know people are the most important thing in our business: our customers, our suppliers and above all, our team.
With this in mind we recruit only the most enthusiastic and hardworking team members whose ownership mentality and love for what they do makes work downright fun! A passion for our customers and fine wine is critical to be successful in our team, and we believe that besides our wines and our service, our culture is the thing that sets us apart. We invite you to be a part of it.
This role is an integral part to the operational side of the business and is an excellent introduction to fine wine, for someone just starting out or early in a career in operations, and with an interest in fine wine.
- Manage incoming wine for our customers, including odd administration
- Liaise directly with the warehouse to ensure correct receipt of stock
- Role includes routine data entry and problem solving
- Interact with customers, suppliers and shippers to ensure smooth operations and high customer satisfaction
- Reporting to our shipping stock controller and working closely with the buying coordinator, as well as our customer care and sales teams: we are a small team and help each other out when required, no matter what the ask.
Skills & experience
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A self-starter
- Excellent communicator
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Ownership mentality, a flexible open minded approach with a strong work ethic
- A strong interest in and a knowledge of wine is preferred
- Ideally has experience in a prior customer-facing role
- Computer literacy, competent in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Need to know
- The position is based at our offices located between Colchester and Ipswich. Nestled at the heart of Constable Country, our offices may seem peaceful, but there’s an energetic buzz inside and we like to keep it that way.
- This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week; we’re looking for candidates who’re more interested in the job than the hours
- Once passing probation, the candidate will have access to full benefits, including our pension scheme, cycle to work scheme and team bonus pool. We have a number of social events each year, including one where partners and families are welcome. We also enjoy a weekly Ocado delivery to the office, Friday beers, the occasional ping pong game and any excuse to celebrate (Easter, Thanksgiving, Lay & Wheeler’s birthday. . .).
- Salary will be competitive and based on relevant experience
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the role to Tamara Vetesi, [email protected]