Vacancy: Senior Fine Wine Advisor
Lay and Wheeler is one of Britain’s oldest fine wine merchants, founded in 1854. We offer our customers access to the world’s finest wines, with leading ranges from Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Loire, Rhone and Piedmont. We are committed to providing our customers a best-in-class experience as they buy, store, sell and enjoy fine wine.
We may be a venerable fine wine business, but inside our walls, we're run like a 160-year old startup. And, we know people are the most important thing in our business: our customers, our suppliers and above all, our team. With this in mind we recruit only the most enthusiastic and hardworking team members whose ownership mentality and love for what they do makes work downright fun! A passion for our customers and fine wine is critical to be successful in our team, and we believe that besides our wines and our service, our culture is the thing that sets us apart. We invite you to be a part of it.
- Managing the relationship with a dedicated group of customers, working with them to ensure we’re meeting all of their wine needs, especially building their portfolio
- Phoning, emailing and meeting customers, whether it’s in or out of the office
- Anticipating the needs of the business and our customers, and always on the front foot to pick up a wide variety of tasks to ensure they have a great experience with Lay & Wheeler
- Managing to a set of KPIs related to customer engagement
Skills & experience
- Exceptionally empathetic
- Strong communication skills
- Outstanding organisational ability
- A strong passion for wine
- Ownership mentality and a strong work ethic
- Prior experience in a sales position
- WSET Level 3 degree (preferably Diploma or MW track), with prior experience in the industry
Need to know
- The position is based at our offices located between Colchester and Ipswich. Nestled at the heart of Constable Country, our offices may seem peaceful, but there’s an energetic buzz inside and we like to keep it that way. Please note: we are open to flexible working arrangements based on the candidate’s existing location.
- This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week; we’re looking for candidates who’re more interested in the job than the hours
- Once passing probation, the candidate will have access to full benefits, including our pension scheme, cycle to work scheme and team bonus pool. We have a number of social events each year, including one where partners and families are welcome. We also enjoy a weekly Ocado delivery to the office, Friday beers, the occasional ping pong game and any excuse to celebrate (Easter, Thanksgiving, Lay & Wheeler’s birthday. . .).
- Salary will be competitive and based on relevant experience
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the role to [email protected]