As we increase our email list marketing efforts and become more sophisticated about customer segmentation, we are delighted to be able to create a new role within our marketing and ecommerce team.
The following new role is ideal for someone who has a passion for wine, very high attention to detail and an interest in ecommerce. This role will focus on the fundamentals of ecommerce, with the opportunity for increased responsibilities depending on experience as well as progression. It will also offer exposure to all areas of the business, including sales, customer care, buying, shipping and technology.
Marketing & ecommerce support
- Work closely with Buying Coordinator, E-commerce Manager and Marketing Communications Manager to support daily marketing efforts and wider marketing campaigns (e.g. Bordeaux en primeurs; Christmas)
- Build, proof & schedule marketing emails, using our ESP Adestra
- Build, proof and launch online marketing campaigns, including landing pages and any homepage updates, using our content manager Kentico
- Coordinate online content, including uploading critics’ scores and fixing bottle shots
- Work with central digital marketing team to produce landing pages required for specific social media marketing campaigns, e.g. Facebook adwords
- Organise annual range tastings (4 per year)
- Deliver tastings on time and to budget, working closely with the Buyer and Marketing Communications Manager
- Work with buying team to organise small group dinners with customers (approx. 12 per year), coordinating samples, guests, ticket sales and other details
- Ensure appropriate social media posts are published
- Manage event followup, including thanking guests, press and suppliers
- Highly motivated, a self-starter with a passion for wine as well as design who’d rather have way too much responsibility than too little
- Organized, and able to work efficiently to see a task to completion
- A bias for action, with a commercial mindset
- Loves teamwork
- At least a year of experience working at an ecommerce business, and preferably some wine experience or degree (e.g. WSET level 3 or above)
- Experience using InDesign, Gmail and the rest of the Google suite, Navision, Adestra and Kentico or a different online content publisher
- The position is based at our offices located between Colchester and Ipswich. Nestled at the heart of Constable Country, our offices may seem peaceful, but there’s an energetic buzz inside and we like to keep it that way. Please note: we are open to flexible working arrangements based on the candidate’s existing location.
- This is a full time role, working 40 hours per week; we’re looking for someone who’s more interested in the job than the hours
- Once passing probation, the candidate will have access to full benefits, including our pension scheme, cycle to work scheme and team bonus pool. We have a number of social events each year, including one where partners and families are welcome. We also enjoy a weekly Ocado delivery to the office, Friday beers, the occasional ping pong game and any excuse to celebrate (Easter, Thanksgiving, Lay & Wheeler’s birthday. . .).
- Salary will be competitive and based on relevant experience
To apply, please send a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role and your CV to Katy Andersen - [email protected]