Marketing Communications Manager
One of the most compelling aspects of fine wine is the story behind it: where it came from, who made it and why it is so special. And it’s our job to share that story with our beloved customers as we help them enjoy fine wine. We are looking for a special person who can help us tell that story, in the right way to the right customers.
Initially, the role requires a highly motivated individual to manage our email list marketing programme, working closely with existing members of the team to create and publish the right emails to the right audiences. Ultimately, the responsibility will grow to include other types of customer communication and marketing activities, including website content, print and social media channels.
This is a full-time role based at our headquarters in Holton St Mary, outside of Colchester. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Work with wine buyer to research, edit and write content to market specific wines, including email copy, website description, critics’ scores and tasting notes
- Work with ecommerce manager to send emails using our email list marketing platform, and to write and publish website content, including producer descriptions and other information which would help our customers select the wine
- Manage merchandising calendar, including identifying opportunities to market specific wines based on customer segments and sales channels and using data on past performance
- Test and learn, using data such as open rates and click-through rates to refine approach
- Manage development and production of print marketing materials, including but not limited to our annual range catalogues (e.g. Burgundy, Rhone, Loire) and Cellar Circle member communications
- Enjoys teamwork and collaboration
- Able to research and write efficiently
- Excellent grammar and writing skills, with great attention to detail
- Excellent analytical ability, comfortable with data
- Able to empathise with our customers, eager to understand who they are and what they like
- Shows initiative, high level of drive
- Loves fine wine and is eager to learn more about it
- A university degree or higher
- Preferably a WSET level 3 or higher
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office products
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org