Customer Reserves Assistant
Lay and Wheeler is one of Britain’s oldest fine wine merchants, founded in 1854. We offer our customers access to the world’s finest wines, with leading ranges from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Loire, Rhone and Piedmont. We are committed to providing our customers a best-in-class experience as they buy, store, sell and enjoy fine wine.
We may be a venerable fine wine business, but inside our walls, we're run like a 160-year old startup. And, we know people are the most important thing in our business: our customers, our suppliers and above all, our team.
With this in mind we recruit only the most enthusiastic and hardworking team members whose ownership mentality and love for what they do makes work downright fun! A passion for our customers and fine wine is critical to be successful in our team, and we believe that besides our wines and our service, our culture is the thing that sets us apart. We invite you to be a part of it.
This role is an integral part to the operational side of the business and is an excellent introduction to fine wine, for someone just starting out or early in a career in operations, and with an interest in fine wine.
We are looking for a motivated individual to take on a new role supporting the operational side of Lay & Wheeler, one of Britain’s oldest and most prestigious fine wine merchants.
One of the key benefits for customers who hold accounts with Lay & Wheeler is the ability to store all of their wine in one place. In order to do that, we are responsible for ensuring that the process happens in a smooth and efficient manner so that once the wines are received, they’re visible on the customer’s online account. Supporting this process with excellent administrative skills from start to finish is one of the main responsibilities for this role.
In addition, there are several areas where we anticipate needing support. For instance we are constantly adding new wines to our customers' account. These new products need further data input. This part of the role will include keeping up with data management and running reports on a regular basis. It will also include reconciling and updating customers’ accounts after physical stock checks.
- Customers’ own stock: supporting the process with excellent attention to detail and process management in which you will be responsible for allocating each customer's wine against the appropriate accounts and filing paperwork away
- Running reports: maintaining data, reports (not technical) on regular basis
- General data input: allocating ‘rotation numbers’ against individual purchases, reconciling and updating data such as ‘outer types’ on accounts for specific wines
- Motivated, but don’t mind repetitive tasks and getting a job done efficiently
- Detail-oriented, with a nose for accuracy, but not at the expense of output
- Computer literate
- A quick learner
- A team player, always willing to help others out for the good of the business
What success looks like
- A job well done: data input is done correctly and efficiently, better information is available on the website and you pick up other tasks swiftly at the same time
- An eye for the future: if you’re also able to think about how these activities fit within the business and how they can be improved (better customer experience, done more efficiently, etc), we are always looking to make Lay & Wheeler a better-run machine and open to working together to do that.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the role to Tamara Vetesi, [email protected]