Customer Care Advisor
Lay & Wheeler is one of England’s longest standing fine wine merchants, established in 1854, and recognised as one of its leading names, awarded Online Retailer of the Year in 2018 by the International Wine Challenge.
The business is known for its outstanding range of wines, buying directly from top domaines in Bordeaux, Burgundy, Rhône, Loire, Champagne, Italy and South Africa, which it sells exclusively to private clients.
The entire company is committed to providing friendly, world class service to our customers, and the leader of this service is our Customer Care team. We aim to recruit only the most enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who put the customer at the heart of everything we do, so that this team remains the centre of excellence of customer care.
We’re excited to welcome a new member to the team as we expand with the rest of the company.
- Answering our customer care phone line: you don’t hesitate to pick up the phone, and you’re genuinely excited to connect with all sorts of customers
- Responding to inbound emails: you’re thoughtful and articulate, and deeply empathetic - and you recognise when a phone call is better suited to a response than an email
- Working with the Customer Care Manager to come up with solutions to the needs of our customers, whether it’s helping with a complicated delivery or looking into a Cellar Circle benefit query
- Actively considering all aspects of the customer’s position with Lay & Wheeler, at any point we’re in contact with them, including what wines they have to drink now, whether their account is up to date, whether they have outstanding bills to pay
Skills & experience
- Customer-centric, and then some: you put customers and their needs first all the time
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills: you’ve got eagle eyes and you communicate with ease, to all sorts of lovely customers
- A passion for wine: you may not know the difference between Morgon and Fleurie, but you’re interested in Beaujolais (of which they’re both crus) and eager to learn
- A team player, in all senses: you pull your own weight, over-delivering whatever the weather, and are flexible when the role requires it
- Friendly: it’s always sunny where you’re sitting
- Prior experience in a customer service or hospitality setting preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience
- An annual bonus scheme, based on company and individual performance
- Employee-employer matched pension contributions of 5% each
- Company-sponsored social events
- Opportunity for wine education sponsorship
- Team member discount on wine
- An opportunity to build your career, not just take a job
This role is based at Lay & Wheeler’s headquarters, in Suffolk.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are qualified for the role to Issy Cooper, Customer Care Manager, by email on [email protected]