Customer Care Advisor
Lay and Wheeler is a hundred and sixty years young fine wine merchant setting out to change the way people buy and enjoy fine wine. We offer our customers access to the world’s finest wines, taking them on a journey of discovery through vintage after vintage. Together we are committed to providing friendly, worldclass service to our customers. It is through our people that we are able to make this happen and it is what makes us special. With this in mind we aim to recruit only the most enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
We’re excited to welcome a new future member to our Customer Service team.
- Answering our customer service line: you don’t hesitate to pick up the phone, and you’re genuinely excited to connect with all sorts of customers
- Responding to our customer service emails: you’re thoughtful and articulate, and well able to communicate via the written word
- Working with the Customer Service Manager to come up with solutions to the needs of our customers, whether it’s helping with a complicated delivery or looking into a Cellar Circle benefit query
- Active management in credit control: keeping in constant contact with customers and the financial aspects of their account
Skills & experience
- Customer-centric, and then some: you put customers and their needs first all the time
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills: you’ve got eagle eyes and you communicate with ease, to all sorts of lovely customers
- A passion for wine: you may not know the difference between Morgon and Fleurie, but you’re interested in Beaujolais (of which they’re both crus) and eager to learn
- A team player, in all senses: you pull your own weight, over-delivering whatever the weather, and are flexible when the role requires it
- Friendly: it’s always sunny where you’re sitting
- Prior experience in a customer service or hospitality setting
Need to know
- The position is based at our offices located between Colchester and Ipswich. Nestled at the heart of Constable Country, our offices may seem peaceful, but there’s quite a lot of energy inside.
- This is a full time role, though we do have some flexibility
- Salary will be competitive and based on relevant experience.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. We are hiring on a rolling basis.